Welcome to our website !

Les Calanques + A Few Tips | Marseille, France

By 09:00 , ,

A few weeks ago I posted about my trip to Marseille last month, and I also said I'd be writing a post about our visit to La Calanques. We visited Les Calanques twice, once on a boat trip and the second time we walked hiked to visit them. The trip down to Les Calanques was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be, and I'm not the most fit person that there is out there, and that's probably one reason I struggled haha!

I decided to wear gym leggings, trainers (sturdy ones are definitely needed, not just converse) a t-shirt and a kimino just as a cover up. 

These views don't quite show how far you have to walk down, but basically, you walk down to the sea to be able to view the beautiful sights. 

We made it to this point after I had a mini breakdown about how I couldn't do it anymore. Right okay so I've made myself sound like a right diva, and I'm not. So I don't like heights, and I'm not the strongest swimmer so walking along a one-person-wide path (that was basically just rocks, not an actual path) with a dead drop down the rocks into the sea freaked me out a lot. However, luckily my boyfriend managed to put up with my mini breakdown and encouraged me to continue and it was so worth it.

After a bit more hiking and rock climbing we made it to the sea and these beautiful views made all of the hiking and tears worth it. The sea was so blue and it was breathtakingly beautiful and I'm so glad I didn't give up on the walk, because I'd regret it now. 

A few tips if you're going to walk down to Les Calanques:
  • Pack enough water for the day as there's no facilities
  • Pack some wet wipes or tissues, there's no toilets anywhere ladies!
  • Bring snacks and lunch because after a lot of walking you will be hungry
  • Bring a coverup or jumper as it can be a little chilly if you're in the shade
  • Remember towels. There isn't sand (or at least the places we went) and you'll be sat on rocks, so towels are definitely needed
  • Suncream, suncream and more suncream!
  • Bring a hat. I forgot and that was one thing I wish I had with me
  • Don't give up, the views are well worth it I promise
Les Calanques were absolutely beautiful, and although the walk was tough, it was so worth it and it's also free to visit them. They were also really quite busy, so if you want a day of it I'd say try and get there as early as possible to get a good spot if you want to be by the sea all day.

Have you ever visited Les Calanques?











You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great photos!! Amazing places!

    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete