Welcome to our website !

How To Make Cleaning Brushes Enjoyable

By 09:00 ,


I think it's safe to say most of us find washing our makeup brushes a tedious task, but I've got a few tips for you that will make it a little less boring, and maybe even enjoyable! A little while ago I wrote about how I deep clean my brushes and you can read that here

1 | Watch Netflix as you clean
This one is my favourite as it really does make the task seem less dull. I tend to pop on Gossip Girl or whatever I'm watching at the time and it keeps me occupied and I sort of forget I have loads of brushes left to wash!

2 | Don't wash all your brushes at once
I used to do this and be faced with a pile of 20+ brushes and sigh at the thought of washing them all. Now, I wash my brushes at separate times and that way I'm only doing 5/6 at a time and it seems a lot more manageable. 

3 | Tackle the dirtiest brushes first 
I find tackling the dirtiest brushes (usually foundation brushes) first gets it out the way and then I'm left with brushes that take half the time.

4 | Buy a cleaning glove
These gloves have been about for years now, I blogged about mine here in 2013 which I've been using ever since. It's just an oven glove from Amazon for under £5 and it works wonders. It speeds up the cleaning process as the glove does half the work, although yes it does look a little odd and my Mum thought I was strange for buying it, it's so worth it.

How often do you wash your makeup brushes?



You Might Also Like

0 comments